IMPORTANCE OF QUALITY: Hangar doors are moving structures which can safely preserve valuable and sensitive machinery such as airplanes, helicopters and they also provide safely opening and closing of huge spans. Important engineering problems must have been solved in such structures. The doors which can not be operated properly under conditions like lack of electricity, snow, ice, storm; which can fall of the rails; which vibrates the plane heavily while passing over the rails, which have electricity cables that aren't mounted securely and safely, which don't have proper maintenance carry a considerable amount of risk that may lead disasterous losses of life and property.
The hangar doors are manufactured according to special details which are developed by each manufacturer by themselves to provide the technical and safety specifications just like the case of elevators. The firm MEKON uses his own patented details, in order to provide great ease in production, transportation and installation. We are capable of solving and producing doors suitable for every condition and demand by means of our engineering equipment and 20 years of experience. Our NATO and American standarts for production has been accepted.
PRODUCTION AND TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
1) GENERAL : All the material shall be prefabricated according to the projects in the factory and then they will be transferred to the field. No cutting, drilling, welding jobs are needed on the field. The steel material will be produced from galvanized steel or will be galvanized by dipping, and all the material will confirm the T.S.E. standards, Prior to fabrication, all main structural sections shall be throughly cleaned pretreated to provide a strong bond between metal and paint, and shop painted with a rust - inhibiting primer paint. U.V. resistant enamel top coat paint shall be applied over the primer. The steel frame of the sections completely consists of formed steel profiles which is a patented system and has all the strength calculations. The cladding panels are fixed securely inside of the steel frame by the special clips profiles. Hence the job lasts in a very short time compared to the conventional methods.
2) BOTTOM RAILS : The bottom rails are constructed for carrying the door sections and prevents water accumulation by the help of the drainage channels inside them. They can be manufactured with electrical heating if desired. They prevent the vibration of the airplanes passing over them by the help of their specially designed shape.
3) TOP RAILS : T-Type roller bearings connected on the top of sections are guided by the top rails which are designed to balance the wind forces. The dust and wind leakage inside is prevented by the rail coverage.
4) CLADDING SYSTEM : The cladding is done by fixing the special panels which are stroke resistant and light transparent, inside the steel frame. The cladding panels are highly resistant to weather conditions, inflammable, ensures high isolation to heat and noise, rigid, nonfading, and also confirm the DIN 18032 standard. The panels can be changed easily also aluminum or steel with extruded polystyrene composite panels can be used for cladding if desired. The door surface can be formed by special materials which does not reflect radar waves.
5) PERSONNEL DOORS : One personnel door will be mounted over each hangar door which has dimensions of nearly 1m x 2m. Each personnel door shall be electrically interlocked to the drive system on that half of the hangar doors, so that whenever the door is open, that half of the doors will not be driven under power. Personnel doors shall be provided with panic hardware on the interior side.
6) MANUEL OPERATION : The doors can be moved manually when the energy is off. The manual motion is not maintained by pulling or pushing doors but the door panels can be moved manually by turning the manual arm which makes the work very easy. The manual control system is electrically interlocked to the drive system to prevent accidents so that it is impossible to drive the system under power when the manual control is activated.
7) WIND LOADS AND DOOR SPEED : The door sections shall be designed to endure the pressure of 130 km/h speed direct wind, and the calculations will be given. The opening and closing speeds of the doors shall be 15 m/min.
8) BOTTOM CARRYING WHEELS AND THE DRIVE : The bottom wheels are produced from 280 mm cast iron or steel and they can be dismounted or changed easily in case of malfunctioning. Motors are strong enough to move the door and fixed into door to gether with its reduction. To provide slow and vibrationless first move, there is a soft-starter circuit in motors.
9) THE MOTION OF DOOR SECTIONS : The slave sections shall be connected to the master section (which contains the drive system) by means of a steel cable shading system so that all will move simultaneously, but at differential speeds, and reach their open or closed positions at the same time. The master section shall be driven by the double wheel driving system.
10) SAFETY SENSORS AND WARNING DEVICES : The master sections have photocell safety sensors which prevent the door motion if a substance stays on the rails of the door. Each master section shall be fitted with an audible and visual alarm (appropriate to NATO standards) which will operate at all times the doors shall be in motion. The visual alarm shall be a single strike xenon beacon which can also easily be seen during day-time. The audible alarm shall be a high output alarm emitting 106 dB at 1 meter range.
11) CONTROL SYSTEM : The electrical control boards are established on the master sections to ensure that the person operating shall walk with the door to decrease the risk of accident. However, optionally a set of control button can be set on the side wall of the hangar. All the sections shall move as long as the control button is pressed and they will stop as soon as the button is released. There exists stop buttons near the control buttons to prevent the possibility of malfunctioning like button squeeze, etc. The doors stop automatically when they come to their end positions and further drive is impossible. The left and right door sections can be driven independent from each other. Electronic control system is designed as electromagnetic wave proof which has high density as in airports.
12) WICKS AND SEALS : The rubber wicks, seals and brushes are mounted on the suitable places of sections to prevent the leakage of dust, dirt and wind to inside.
13) İMALAT VE MONTAJ : The whole system is built according to the wind loads and strength calculations stated in T.S 498. The total weight of the door system is maximum 35 kg/m2 so as to provide necessary movement and control safely.
14) MANUFACTURING AND INSTALLATION : The door type shall be determined according to the working area features and customer's demands. Manufacturing of the product will start in our factory after the authorities approved the projects and strength calculations which are prepared by our technical service. First, the bottom rails will be manufactured (put into process) then send to the working area and will be placed. The concrete and drainage for rails will be done. The door construction is numbered after mounting and then demounted to be packed for delivery in our factory. When the building construction is ready the door construction , top rails, panels and power busbars are sent to the working area. After the installation of the top rails and the power busbars, the construction of the door is first assembled at surface then will be erected on the rails with a mobile crane. Coating is made by sandwich panels or transparent panels. The door will be delivered to the authorities after the required switch and security settings are finished.
15) NUCLEAR RADIATION ISOLATION : It can be coated with lead in desired parts.
16) MAGNETIC RESONANCE LABORATORY SPECIAL DOOR : The door is closed by pressure to perform magnetic resonance barrier.
17) BODY COUPLING SPACE : For massive planes there can be tail doors which safely surround the tail part and can be closed by motor when the hangar is empty
18) GUARANTEE AND MAINTENANCE : Doors are provided with 2 years of maintenance and repair guarantee certificate agreeable to the conditions of The Ministry of Industry and Trade if required, automatic maintenance contract is available.